Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Applies knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to problems in life, health, social, and casualty insurance, annuities, and pensions: Determines mortality, accident, sickness, disability, and retirement rates; constructs probability tables regarding fire, natural disasters, and unemployment, based on analysis of statistical data and other pertinent information.
- 2) Designs or reviews insurance and pension plans and calculates premiums.
- 3) Ascertains premium rates required and cash reserves and liabilities necessary to ensure payment of future benefits.
- 4) Determines equitable basis for distributing surplus earnings under participating insurance and annuity contracts in mutual companies.
- 5) May specialize in one type of insurance and be designated Actuary, Casualty; Actuary, Life.
Is being an "ACTUARY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ACTUARY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ACTUARY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ACTUARY"
Job Number: 49