Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Selects and orders books, periodicals, films, and other materials for library: Reviews publishers' announcements and catalogs, and compiles list of publications to be purchased.
- 2) Compares selections with card catalog and orders-in-process to avoid duplication.
- 3) Circulates selection lists to branches and departments for comments.
- 4) Selects vendors on basis of such factors as discount allowance and delivery dates.
- 5) Compiles statistics on purchases, such as total purchases, average price, and fund allocations.
- 6) May recommend acquisition of materials from individuals or organizations or by exchange with other libraries.
Is being an "ACQUISITIONS LIBRARIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ACQUISITIONS LIBRARIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ACQUISITIONS LIBRARIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ACQUISITIONS LIBRARIAN"
Job Number: 45