Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Mounts acoustical tile to walls and ceilings of buildings to reduce reflection of sound and to decorate rooms: Measures and marks surface to lay out work, according to blueprints and drawings.
- 2) Inspects furrings, mechanical mountings, and masonry surface for plumbness and level, using spirit or water level.
- 3) Nails or screws molding to wall to support and seal joint between ceiling tile and wall.
- 4) Scribes and cuts edges of tile to fit wall where wall molding is not specified.
- 5) Mounts tiles, using any of following methods: Applies cement to back of tile and presses tile into place, aligning with layout marks and joints of previously laid tile.
- 6) Nails channels or wood furring strips to surfaces to provide mounting for tile.
- 7) Places building paper between tile and furring strip preparatory to application of butt-edge tile.
- 8) Nails, screws, or staples tile to wooden furring strips.
- 9) Hangs dry lines to wall molding to guide positioning of main runners.
- 10) Drives hanger inserts into reinforced concrete ceiling, using power fastening tool, and suspends and bends hanger wires at points touching dry lines.
- 11) Threads wires through holes in main runners, and cuts and attaches cross supports to suspended runners and wall molding, using snips, clips, and rivet gun.
- 12) Cuts tiles for fixtures and borders, using keyhole saw, and inserts tiles into supporting framework.
- 13) May wash concrete surfaces with washing soda and zinc sulfate solution before mounting tile to increase adhesive qualities of surfaces.
Is being an "ACOUSTICAL CARPENTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ACOUSTICAL CARPENTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ACOUSTICAL CARPENTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ACOUSTICAL CARPENTER"
Job Number: 10989