Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles and installs acid-proof brick lining in metal tanks used for processing and storing of acid: Cleans inside of tank to remove foreign matter, such as rust, scale, and grease, using sandblasting equipment.
- 2) Removes dust from tank lining, using gasoline dampened cloth.
- 3) Applies specified coats of primer cement to lining of tank, using spray gun.
- 4) Heats plastic sheet, using torch, to fuse plastic coating onto primer cement.
- 5) Rolls sheet to ensure that inner surface of sheet is attached to primer cement, using hand roller.
- 6) Tests plastic lining with electrostatic tester to ensure against defects, such as pin holes and cracks.
- 7) Cuts bricks to specified shape to ensure against crystallizing of cement and seepage of acid into lining.
- 8) Lays bricks over lining and applies specified coats of plastic cement.
- 9) Fuses bricks to plastic lining, using torch and applies acid-proof cement to brick joints, using trowel.
Is being an "ACID-TANK LINER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ACID-TANK LINER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ACID-TANK LINER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ACID-TANK LINER"
Job Number: 43