Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls rotary or spray sulfur furnaces and alkali absorption towers to make cooking acid for use in digesting woodpulp: Moves controls and observes gauges to regulate combustion chamber, speed of furnace rotation, and volume of liquid sulfur in furnace to maintain specified temperature and acidity required to produce sulfur dioxide gas.
- 2) Adjusts valves to regulate flow of water and sulfur dioxide gas through alkali absorption towers according to titration tests to produce cooking acid of specified concentration.
- 3) Starts pumps to pump acid through filters and to storage tanks.
- 4) Chips slag from furnace, using chipping bar.
- 5) May make titration tests of produced acid.
Is being an "ACID MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ACID MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ACID MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ACID MAKER"
Job Number: 1934