Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends generating equipment that processes calcium-carbide crystals and water into acetylene gas: Turns valves, level gauge, and thermostat to raise and heat water to prescribed level and temperature in generator.
- 2) Dumps specified quantity of calcium-carbide crystals into hopper, bolts in cover, and starts generator.
- 3) Opens hopper gate and starts vibrator that sifts crystals into generator.
- 4) Records amount of time consumed during operation and cylinder shipping data.
- 6) May ascertain level of acidity or alkalinity of gas with litmus paper, and test filled cylinders for leaks by brushing on chemical solution.
- 7) May fill cylinders with compressed gas.
Is being an "ACETYLENE-PLANT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ACETYLENE-PLANT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ACETYLENE-PLANT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ACETYLENE-PLANT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1358