Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Applies principles of cost accounting to conduct studies which provide detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems: Plans study and collects data to determine costs of business activity, such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- 2) Analyzes data obtained and records results, using computer.
- 3) Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
- 4) Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- 5) Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- 6) May develop and install manual or computer-based cost accounting system.
- 7) May specialize in analyzing costs relating to public utility rate schedule and be designated Rate Engineer.
- 8) May specialize in appraisal and evaluation of real property or equipment for sale, acquisition, or tax purposes for public utility and be designated Valuation Engineer.
Is being an "ACCOUNTANT, COST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ACCOUNTANT, COST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ACCOUNTANT, COST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ACCOUNTANT, COST"
Job Number: 2975