Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Keeps accounting records and compiles information requested by customer and others pertaining to customer accounts: Keeps records and prepares report of meters registering use of gas- or electric-power, showing results of investigations and amounts recovered or lost.
- 2) Prepares lists and enters charges and payments to customers' accounts for losses, additional deposits, special and irregular charges.
- 3) Keeps records of overpayments on customer accounts.
- 4) Applies overpayments to charges on customers' account or prepares voucher for refund.
- 5) Investigates incorrect billings due to charges or credits on customers' accounts and prepares written instructions for correction.
- 6) Reviews accounts not billed and prepares bill from available information.
- 7) Enters information in meter books which was received too late for billing, such as meter test reports and missed meter readings.
- 8) Prepares lists of special billing instructions, incorporating charges shown on customers' account.
- 9) Processes final bills that exceed amount of deposit to enter amount of net bill.
- 10) Prepares and mails duplicate bills as requested.
- 11) Interviews customers and others in person or by telephone to answer inquiries and complaints pertaining to bills, customer deposits, and accounts.
- 12) May specialize in handling inquiries received by mail, compiling information from customer accounting records for replies dictated by others.
Is being an "ACCOUNT-INFORMATION CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ACCOUNT-INFORMATION CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ACCOUNT-INFORMATION CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ACCOUNT-INFORMATION CLERK"
Job Number: 3284