Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out and constructs accordions, applying knowledge of accordion construction, using handtools and operating variety of wood and metalworking machines: Studies sketch of accordion or customer's specifications to plan work.
- 2) Measures and marks woodstock to lay out wood parts.
- 3) Operates woodworking machines, such as saw and sander, and uses carpenter handtools to cut, shape, and finish wood parts of instrument.
- 4) Measures, cuts, and pleats cardboard to form bellows.
- 5) Covers bellows with sateen and cloth.
- 6) Glues leather and places metal guards on corners of bellows.
- 7) Applies celluloid to accordion parts, such as keys and box ends.
- 8) Assembles wood and metal parts with screws, nails, or glue, using handtools.
- 9) Examines fit and finish of instrument and plays notes and chords to inspect completed instrument.
- 10) May tune accordion reeds and glue reeds in reed blocks.
- 11) May be designated according to part made as Bass-Mechanism Maker; Bellows Maker; Box Maker; or by operation performed as Finisher, Accordion.
Is being an "ACCORDION MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ACCORDION MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ACCORDION MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ACCORDION MAKER"
Job Number: 17