Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment that absorbs gases and liquids into water or other solvents to produce chemicals, such as hydrochloric acid or ammonium hydroxide: Starts pumps, turns valves, and observes flowmeters to control concentration, flow, temperature, and quantity of coolant, gas, liquid, and absorbing liquor through cooling and absorption towers.
- 2) Turns valves to regulate feed of solution produced and rate of steam to purge boilers and condensers to separate impurities from solution and obtain product of designated strength and specific gravity.
- 3) Draws sample and tests specific quality and acidity, using hydrometer and pH meter, or submits sample to laboratory for analysis.
- 4) Pumps solution between equipment and storage tanks or tank cars.
- 5) Maintains log of instrument readings, test results, and shift production.
- 6) May be designated according to solution produced as Ammonium-Hydroxide Operator; Aqua-Ammonia Operator; Hydrochloric-Acid Operator.
Is being an "ABSORPTION OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ABSORPTION OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ABSORPTION OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ABSORPTION OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11