Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in welding and cutting of products and structures, such as auto, aircraft, and ship components, pipes, boilers, and mobile homes, applying knowledge of welding and cutting techniques, materials, and equipment, and fabrication requirements: Analyzes work orders and blueprints to determine need for supplies and sequence of operations required.
- 2) Requisitions supplies, such as weld rods, gas, flux, and fixtures.
- 3) Inspects work or confers with WELD INSPECTOR I and WELD INSPECTOR II to maintain specified standards and quality.
- 4) Trains workers in operation of equipment.
- 5) May set up machines or make trial welds to make test runs and experimental products.
- 6) May supervise brazing and soldering operations.
- 7) May supervise fitting and assembly of structural frames.
- 8) May supervise workers engaged in making tubing from flat steel strips by electric-weld process and be designated Welding Supervisor, Electric-Weld Pipe Mill.
- 9) Important variations include location of workers supervised, such as in-plant, job-shop, construction site, or shipyard.
- 10) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "WELDING SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "WELDING SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "WELDING SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "WELDING SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 10658