Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates sewage treatment, sludge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage: Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of sewage.
- 2) Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and tests results to determine load requirements.
- 3) Starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to control flow of raw sewage through filtering, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion processes.
- 4) Maintains log of operations and records meter and gauge readings.
- 5) Gives directions to WASTEWATER-TREATMENT-PLANT ATTENDANTS and SEWAGE-DISPOSAL WORKERS in performing routine operations and maintenance.
- 6) May collect sewage sample, using dipper or bottle and conduct laboratory tests, using testing equipment, such as colorimeter.
- 7) May operate and maintain power generating equipment to provide steam and electricity for plant.
- 8) May be designated according to specialized activity or stage in processing as Activated-Sludge Operator; Grit-Removal Operator; Pump-And-Blower Operator; Sludge-Control Operator; Sludge-Filtration Operator.
Click here for "WASTEWATER-TREATMENT-PLANT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "WASTEWATER-TREATMENT-PLANT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "WASTEWATER-TREATMENT-PLANT OPERATOR"