Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs variety of animal health care duties to assist VETERINARIAN in settings such as veterinarians' clinics, zoos, research laboratories, kennels, and commercial facilities: Prepares treatment room for examination of animals, and holds or restrains animals during examination, treatment, or inoculation.
- 2) Administers injections, performs venipunctures, applies wound dressings, cleans teeth, and takes vital signs of animal, under supervision of veterinarian.
- 3) Prepares patient, medications, and equipment for surgery, and hands instruments and materials to veterinarian during surgical procedures.
- 4) Performs routine laboratory tests, cares for and feeds laboratory animals, and assists professional personnel with research projects in commercial, public health, or research laboratories.
- 5) Inspects products or carcasses when employed in food processing plants to ensure compliance with health standards.
- 6) May assist veterinarian to artificially inseminate animals.
- 7) May bathe and groom small animals.
Is being a "VETERINARY TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "VETERINARY TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "VETERINARY TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "VETERINARY TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 2584