"TRUCK DRIVER, LIGHT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drives truck with capacity under 3 tons to transport materials in liquid or packaged form and personnel to and from specified destinations, such as railroad stations, plants, residences, offices, or within industrial yards: Verifies load against shipping papers.
- 2) Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in area.
- 3) Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- 4) Collects payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges.
- 5) May maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- 6) May maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- 7) May drive truck equipped with public address system through city streets to broadcast announcements over system for advertising or publicity purposes.
- 8) May load and unload truck.
- 9) May inspect truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- 10) May perform emergency roadside repairs, such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- 11) May be known in establishment according to type of activity as Crew-Truck Driver; Insect Sprayer, Mobile Unit; Mail-Truck Driver; Motor-Vehicle-Escort Driver; Pick-Up Driver; Service-Parts Driver; Sprinkler-Truck Driver.
Click here for "TRUCK DRIVER, LIGHT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRUCK DRIVER, LIGHT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRUCK DRIVER, LIGHT"