"TRUCK DRIVER, LIGHT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drives truck with capacity under 3 tons to transport materials in liquid or packaged form and personnel to and from specified destinations, such as railroad stations, plants, residences, offices, or within industrial yards: Verifies load against shipping papers.
- 2) Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in area.
- 3) Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- 4) Collects payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges.
- 5) May maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- 6) May maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- 7) May drive truck equipped with public address system through city streets to broadcast announcements over system for advertising or publicity purposes.
- 8) May load and unload truck.
- 9) May inspect truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- 10) May perform emergency roadside repairs, such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- 11) May be known in establishment according to type of activity as Crew-Truck Driver; Insect Sprayer, Mobile Unit; Mail-Truck Driver; Motor-Vehicle-Escort Driver; Pick-Up Driver; Service-Parts Driver; Sprinkler-Truck Driver.
Is being a "TRUCK DRIVER, LIGHT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRUCK DRIVER, LIGHT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRUCK DRIVER, LIGHT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRUCK DRIVER, LIGHT"
Job Number: 11264