1) Compiles and computes freight rates, passenger fares, and other charges for transportation services, according to rate tables and tariff regulations: Examines shipping bills to obtain description of freight, and classifies freight according to rate-book description.
2) Consults rate schedule to obtain specific rate for each item classified depending on distance shipped.
3) Computes total freight charge, using calculator and records charges on shipping order.
4) Calculates and records storage, redelivery, and reconsignment charges when applicable.
5) Answers mail or telephone inquiries from shippers regarding rates, routing, packing procedures and interline transportation procedures.
6) May examine bills of lading and file claims with transportation companies for overcharges.
7) May keep records of freight movements.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?