Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles and computes freight rates, passenger fares, and other charges for transportation services, according to rate tables and tariff regulations: Examines shipping bills to obtain description of freight, and classifies freight according to rate-book description.
- 2) Consults rate schedule to obtain specific rate for each item classified depending on distance shipped.
- 3) Computes total freight charge, using calculator and records charges on shipping order.
- 4) Calculates and records storage, redelivery, and reconsignment charges when applicable.
- 5) Answers mail or telephone inquiries from shippers regarding rates, routing, packing procedures and interline transportation procedures.
- 6) May examine bills of lading and file claims with transportation companies for overcharges.
- 7) May keep records of freight movements.
Is being a "TRAFFIC-RATE CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRAFFIC-RATE CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRAFFIC-RATE CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRAFFIC-RATE CLERK"
Job Number: 3338