1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in drilling oil and gas wells in area consisting of one or more wellsites: Directs workers to erect, dismantle, and move drilling rigs, and drilling crews in setting up and operating power units, draw works and other drilling equipment.
2) Plans delivery of drilling tools, fuel, water, and other supplies for use at drill site.
3) Orders type of drilling bits to be used, according to type of strata encountered.
4) Directs workers in mixing drilling mud and circulating mud in borehole, and in use of special drilling mud to prevent blowouts from gas pressure.
5) Orders installation of control head to control flow when well begins to produce gas or oil.
6) May supervise operations at producing wells to maintain and regulate flow of gas or oil.
7) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
8) May supervise PROSPECTING DRILLERS drilling shallow boreholes for use in seismic prospecting or to obtain core samples and be designated Tool Pusher, Shallow-Exploratory Drilling.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?