1) Operates communication equipment to receive incoming calls for assistance and dispatches personnel and equipment to scene of emergency: Operates telephone console to receive incoming calls for assistance.
2) Questions caller to determine nature of problem and type and number of personnel and equipment needed, following established guidelines.
3) Scans status charts and computer screen to determine units available.
4) Monitors alarm system signals that indicate location of fire or other emergency.
5) Operates two-way radio to dispatch police, fire, medical, and other personnel and equipment and to relay instructions or information to remove units.
6) Types commands on computer keyboard to update files and maintain logs.
7) Tests communications and alarm equipment and backup systems to ensure serviceability.
8) May provide prearrival instructions to caller, utilizing knowledge of emergency medical techniques.
9) May activate alarm system to notify fire stations.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?