1) Prepares income tax return forms for individuals and small businesses: Reviews financial records, such as prior tax return forms, income statements, and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare return.
2) Interviews client to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
3) Computes taxes owed, using adding machine, and completes entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
4) Consults tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedure for preparation of atypical returns.
5) Occasionally verifies totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors of arithmetic or procedure.
6) Calculates form preparation fee according to complexity of return and amount of time required to prepare forms.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?