Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls vacuum pan sugar boilers to concentrate sugar liquor and grow sugar crystals to specified size: Starts vacuum pump, and opens valves to admit specified amounts of liquor and steam into vacuum pan, and water into condenser unit.
- 2) Observes boiling of liquor through sight glasses.
- 3) Adjusts valves to maintain specified temperatures and pressures and obtain supersaturated solution without carmelizing sugar.
- 4) Opens valve to shock solution with panseed and start formation of sugar crystals.
- 5) Obtains samples of solution, using proofstick, and observes grain size under microscope to determine when crystals have grown to specified size.
- 6) Opens pan-feed valve to control growth of crystals.
- 7) Samples solution to ensure that sugar crystals remain at specified sizes as pan fills.
- 8) Closes pan-feed valve when pan is filled and continues boiling until solution reaches specified concentration of sugar-crystals and massecuite.
- 9) Turns valves to stop boiling and to break vacuum seal on pan.
- 10) Turns valve to dump sugar into mixing tank or crystallizer.
- 11) Washes and steams pan after dumping strike to remove sugar remaining on coils or calandria.
- 12) Records strike on station log.
- 13) May be designated according to type of liquor boiled as Soft-Sugar Boiler; White-Sugar Boiler; or according to stage in process as High-Raw-Sugar Boiler; Remelt-Sugar Boiler.
Click here for "SUGAR BOILER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUGAR BOILER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUGAR BOILER"