Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inventories, stores, prices, and restocks merchandise displays in retail store: Takes inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- 2) Requisitions merchandise from supplier based on available space, merchandise on hand, customer demand, or advertised specials.
- 3) Receives, opens, and unpacks cartons or crates of merchandise, checking invoice against items received.
- 4) Stamps, attaches, or changes price tags on merchandise, referring to price list.
- 5) Stocks storage areas and displays with new or transferred merchandise.
- 6) Sets up advertising signs and displays merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
- 7) Cleans display cases, shelves, and aisles.
- 8) May itemize and total customer merchandise selection at check out counter, using cash register, and accept cash or charge card for purchases.
- 9) May pack customer purchases in bags or cartons.
- 10) May transport packages to specified vehicle for customer.
- 11) May be designated according to type of merchandise handled as Baked-Goods Stock Clerk; Delicatessen-Goods Stock Clerk; Discount-Variety-Store Stock Clerk; Liquor-Store Stock Clerk; Meat Stock Clerk; Pharmacy Stock Clerk; Produce Stock Clerk; or type of store worked in as Supermarket Stock Clerk.
Click here for "STOCK CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STOCK CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STOCK CLERK"