Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Investigates alleged or suspected criminal violations of federal, state, or local laws to determine if evidence is sufficient to recommend prosecution: Analyzes charge, complaint, or allegation of law violation to identify issues involved and types of evidence needed.
- 2) Assists in determining scope, timing, and direction of investigation.
- 3) Develops and uses informants to get leads to information.
- 4) Obtains evidence or establishes facts by interviewing, observing, and interrogating suspects and witnesses and analyzing records.
- 5) Examines records to detect links in chain of evidence or information.
- 6) Uses cameras and photostatic machines to record evidence and documents.
- 7) Verifies information obtained to establish accuracy and authenticity of facts and evidence.
- 8) Maintains surveillances and performs undercover assignments.
- 9) Presents findings in clear, logical, impartial, and properly documented reports.
- 10) Reports critical information to and coordinates activities with other offices or agencies when applicable.
- 11) Testifies before grand juries.
- 12) Serves subpoenas or other official papers.
- 13) May lead or coordinate work of other SPECIAL AGENTS.
- 14) May obtain and use search and arrest warrants.
- 15) May serve on full-time, detail, or rotational protection assignments.
- 16) May carry firearms and make arrests.
- 17) May be designated according to agency worked for as Special Agent, FBI; Special Agent, IRS; Special Agent, Secret Service.
Click here for "SPECIAL AGENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SPECIAL AGENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SPECIAL AGENT"