Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Investigates alleged or suspected criminal violations of federal, state, or local laws to determine if evidence is sufficient to recommend prosecution: Analyzes charge, complaint, or allegation of law violation to identify issues involved and types of evidence needed.
- 2) Assists in determining scope, timing, and direction of investigation.
- 3) Develops and uses informants to get leads to information.
- 4) Obtains evidence or establishes facts by interviewing, observing, and interrogating suspects and witnesses and analyzing records.
- 5) Examines records to detect links in chain of evidence or information.
- 6) Uses cameras and photostatic machines to record evidence and documents.
- 7) Verifies information obtained to establish accuracy and authenticity of facts and evidence.
- 8) Maintains surveillances and performs undercover assignments.
- 9) Presents findings in clear, logical, impartial, and properly documented reports.
- 10) Reports critical information to and coordinates activities with other offices or agencies when applicable.
- 11) Testifies before grand juries.
- 12) Serves subpoenas or other official papers.
- 13) May lead or coordinate work of other SPECIAL AGENTS.
- 14) May obtain and use search and arrest warrants.
- 15) May serve on full-time, detail, or rotational protection assignments.
- 16) May carry firearms and make arrests.
- 17) May be designated according to agency worked for as Special Agent, FBI; Special Agent, IRS; Special Agent, Secret Service.
Is being a "SPECIAL AGENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SPECIAL AGENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SPECIAL AGENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SPECIAL AGENT"
Job Number: 4484