"SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates slitting machine to cut sheet metal into strips of specified widths: Selects, cleans, and installs spacers and cutters on arbors, and hones cutters with oilstone to remove nicks.
- 2) Presses button to lower arbor until cutters mesh, and measures clearance with feeler gauge.
- 3) Inserts spacers to adjust spacing to specified tolerance.
- 4) Signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to lift metal roll to play-out reel or places roll on reel, using overhead chain hoist.
- 5) Threads sheeting through slitter and verifies dimensions of cut to specifications, using rule.
- 6) Secures strips on recoiler, adjusts guides and roller tension with handcrank, and starts machine.
- 7) Observes slitting and rewinding operation and examines cut strips for flatness, holes, burrs on edges, and surface defects.
- 8) May oil and clean machine.
- 9) May feed sheet metal between rotating shear rolls.
- 10) May install rubber sleeves over spacers to provide gripping surface for rollers and to facilitate movement of material being slit.
- 11) May operate panel to control specific units of equipment, such as feeder unit.
Click here for "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"