"SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to slit continuous lengths of material, such as cardboard, felt, metallic foil, paper, plastic, rubberized sheeting, or textile fabrics, into strips of specified width: Spaces rotary blades on machine shaft, according to width specified for strips, and turns setscrew to secure blades in position, using allen wrench.
- 2) Mounts roll or bolt of material on machine supports and threads material over tension bar, between feed rollers, and under rotary blades.
- 3) Laps ends of slit material around takeup tubes I.
- 4) Starts machine and observes flow of material through machine to detect irregular cutting and winding.
- 5) Moves levers to stop, start, and regulate speed of machine and to align material with rotary blades.
- 6) Disengages winding shaft and removes narrow rolls of material.
- 7) Stacks material on shelves according to width of material.
- 8) When slitting aluminum foil into widths, is designated Aluminum-Foil-Spooling-Machine Operator.
- 9) When slitting embroidered cloth into strips for use as decorative trimming, is designated Straight Cutter, Machine.
- 10) May be designated according to material or product cut as Binding Cutter; Cuff Slitter; Electric-Tape Slitter; Facing Slitter; Paper Slitter; Tape Cutter.
Click here for "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SLITTING-MACHINE OPERATOR I"