1) Tends machine that scrapes flesh or hair from pelts, shears wool on sheepskin to specified length, or shaves hides to uniform thickness: Turns handwheel or setscrew to adjust feed roller to specified height.
2) Places pelt or hide on roller and presses pedal to raise roller that feeds hide to clippers or revolving blades.
3) Verifies thickness of hide, using micrometer.
4) May sharpen blades, using honing stone.
5) May be designated according to operation performed as Fleshing-Machine Operator; Shearing-Machine Operator; Unhairing-Machine Operator.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?