1) Takes care of church buildings and furnishings: Performs cleaning and routine maintenance duties in church and auxiliary buildings and in churchyard, or gives directions to other workers so engaged.
2) Takes care of vestments and sacred vessels and prepares altar for religious services according to prescribed rite.
3) Opens and locks church before and after services.
4) Rings bells to announce services and other church events.
5) Tends furnace and boiler to provide heat.
6) May order cleaning supplies.
7) May act as usher during services, maintain attendance count, and conduct visitors between services.
8) May take part in conduct of services performing activities, such as lighting candles.
9) May maintain church cemetery.
10) May patrol church premises to provide security against vandalism and theft.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?