Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs secretarial duties in public or private school: Composes, or transcribes from rough draft, correspondence, bulletins, memorandums, and other material, using typewriter or computer.
- 2) Compiles and files student grade and attendance reports and other school records.
- 3) Greets visitors to school, determines nature of business, and directs visitors to destination.
- 4) Talks with student encountering problem and resolves problem or directs student to other worker.
- 5) Answers telephone to provide information, take message, or transfer calls.
- 6) May order and dispense school supplies.
- 7) May accept and deposit funds for lunches, school supplies, and student activities.
- 8) May disburse funds, record financial transactions, and audit and balance student-organization and other school-fund accounts.
- 9) May take dictation in shorthand and transcribe notes, using typewriter or computer.
- 10) May maintain calendar of school events.
- 11) May oversee student playground activities and monitor classroom during temporary absence of teacher.
Is being a "SCHOOL SECRETARY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SCHOOL SECRETARY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SCHOOL SECRETARY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SCHOOL SECRETARY"
Job Number: 3145