Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Analyzes original copy and operates electronic scanner to produce color-separated positive or negative films for use in production of lithographic printing plates: Analyzes original copy to evaluate color density, gradation highlights, middle tones, and shadows, using densitometer and knowledge of light and color.
- 2) Types on scanner keyboard or touches mouse to symbols on scanner video display unit to input software, or turns knobs or punches buttons to set scanner to specific color density, size, screen ruling, and exposure adjustments.
- 3) Loads film into film holder, places holder in exposing chamber and starts automatic vacuum system mechanism that loads and secures film on scanner drum.
- 4) Activates scanner to produce positive or negative films for each primary color and black in original copy.
- 5) Unloads exposed film from scanner and places film in automatic processor to develop image on film.
- 6) Inspects developed film for specified results and quality, using magnifying glass and scope, and forwards acceptable negatives or positives to STRIPPER, LITHOGRAPHIC I , PROOFER, PREPRESS , or customer.
- 7) Performs tests to determine exposure adjustments on scanner and adjusts scanner controls until specified results are obtained.
- 8) May position color transparency, negative, or reflection copy on scanning drum and mount drum and head on scanner.
Is being a "SCANNER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SCANNER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SCANNER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SCANNER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 12045