1) Obtains or receives merchandise, totals bill, accepts payment, and makes change for customers in retail store such as tobacco shop, drug store, candy store, or liquor store: Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise.
2) Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
3) Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
4) Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer.
5) Answers customer's questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
6) Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer, using paper and pencil, cash register, or calculator, to determine bill.
7) Accepts payment and makes change.
8) Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
9) Cleans shelves, counters, or tables.
10) Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift.
11) May calculate sales discount to determine price.
12) May keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock, or order merchandise.
13) May be designated according to product sold or type of store.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?