1) Develops and implements safety program to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions, utilizing knowledge of industrial processes, mechanics, chemistry, psychology, and industrial health and safety laws: Examines plans and specifications for new machinery or equipment to determine if all safety precautions have been included.
2) Determines amount of weight that can be safely placed on plant floor.
3) Tours plant to inspect fire and safety equipment, machinery, and facilities to identify and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
4) Determines requirements for safety clothing and devices, and designs, builds, and installs, or directs installation of safety devices on machinery.
5) Conducts or coordinates safety and first aid training to educate workers about safety policies, laws, and practices.
6) Investigates industrial accidents to minimize recurrence and prepares accident reports.
7) May conduct air quality tests for presence of harmful gases and vapors.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?