Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Covers roofs with roofing materials other than sheet metal, such as composition shingles or sheets, wood shingles, or asphalt and gravel, to waterproof roofs: Cuts roofing paper to size, using knife, and nails or staples it to roof in overlapping strips to form base for roofing materials.
- 2) Aligns roofing material with edge of roof, and overlaps successive layers, gauging distance of overlap with chalkline, gauge on shingling hatchet, or by lines on shingles.
- 3) Fastens composition shingles or sheets to roof with asphalt, cement, or nails.
- 4) Punches holes in slate, tile, terra cotta, or wooden shingles, using punch and hammer.
- 5) Cuts strips of flashing and fits them into angles formed by walls, vents, and intersecting roof surfaces.
- 6) When applying asphalt or tar and gravel to roof, mops or pours hot asphalt or tar onto roof base.
- 7) Applies alternate layers of hot asphalt or tar and roofing paper until roof covering is as specified.
- 8) Applies gravel or pebbles over top layer, using rake or stiff-bristled broom.
- 9) May construct and attach prefabricated roof sections to rafters.
- 10) May attach shingles to exterior walls and apply roofing paper and tar to shower pans, decks, and promenades to waterproof surfaces.
- 11) When specializing in one type of roofing materials, is designated according to specialty as Aluminum-Shingle Roofer; Asbestos-Shingle Roofer; Asphalt, Tar, And Gravel Roofer; Composition Roofer; Roofer, Gypsum; Slate Roofer; Tile-And-Terra-Cotta Roofer; Wood-Shingle Roofer.
Click here for "ROOFER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROOFER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROOFER"