Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Analyzes preliminary engineering-design concepts of major product, such as aircraft, naval vessel, or electronic communication or control system to recommend design or test methods for attaining customer-specified operational reliability, using knowledge of reliability engineering and other technologies: Analyzes preliminary plans and develops reliability engineering program to achieve customer reliability objectives.
- 2) Analyzes projected product utilization and calculates cumulative effect on final system reliability of individual part reliabilities.
- 3) Drafts failure mode and effect analysis sheets or formulates mathematical models, using computer-aided engineering equipment, to identify units posing excessive failure risks and support proposed changes in design.
- 4) Enters data to simulate electrical inputs, transient conditions, temperature, stress, and other factors to develop computer models, and analyzes and adjusts design to predict and improve system reliability.
- 5) Advises and confers with engineers in design review meetings to give reliability findings and recommendations.
- 6) Determines units requiring environmental testing and specifies minimum number of samples to obtain statistically valid data.
- 7) Reviews subcontractors' proposals for reliability program and submits evaluation for decision.
- 8) Reviews engineering specifications and drawings, proposing design modifications to improve reliability within cost and other performance requirements.
- 9) Observes conduct of tests at supplier, plant, or field locations to evaluate reliability factors, such as numbers and causes of unit failures.
- 10) Monitors failure data generated by customer using product to ascertain potential requirement for product improvement.
Click here for "RELIABILITY ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RELIABILITY ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RELIABILITY ENGINEER"