1) Receives, stores, records, and issues money, valuables, and other articles seized as evidence, removed from prisoner, or recovered, lost, or stolen property: Prepares record of articles and valuables received, including description of article, name of owner, name of police officer from whom received, and reason for retention.
2) Issues property being retained as evidence to officer at time of trial upon receipt of authorization.
3) Telephones owners or mails letters to notify owners to claim property, and releases lost or stolen property to owners upon proof of ownership.
4) Returns property to released prisoners.
5) Prepares list of articles required by law to be destroyed and destroys narcotics and drugs in presence of official witnesses.
6) Sends alcoholic beverages to state liquor commission.
7) Lists and sends unclaimed or confiscated money to auditor's office.
8) Sends unclaimed and illegal weapons for official destruction.
9) Prepares inventory of unclaimed articles for possible sale at auction or donation to charitable organization.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?