1) Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of industrial or commercial products: Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
2) Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
3) Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
4) Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
5) Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
6) Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
7) Prepares production reports.
8) May prepare lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
9) May prepare purchase orders to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?