Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans and coordinates various aspects of radio, television, or cable television programs: Interviews and selects SCREEN WRITERS and cast principals from staff members or outside talent.
- 2) Outlines program to be produced to SCREEN WRITERS and evaluates finished script.
- 3) Composes or edits program script to meet management or other requirements, using typewriter or computer terminal.
- 4) Coordinates various aspects of production, such as audio work, scenes, music, timing, camera work, and script writing.
- 5) Gives instructions to staff to schedule broadcast and to develop and coordinate details to obtain desired production.
- 6) Reviews production to ensure objectives are attained.
- 7) Views taped program to select scenes to be used for promotional purposes, using video equipment.
- 8) Listens to audio tape recording to verify program, script, or sound effects conform to broadcast standards, using audio equipment.
- 9) May obtain costumes, props, music, or other equipment or personnel to complete production.
- 10) May represent television network, acting as liaison to independent producer of television series produced for network broadcast.
- 11) May review budget and expenditures for programs or commercial productions for conformance to budgetary restrictions.
- 12) May coordinate production details to produce live television programs from locations distant from station.
- 13) May be designated according to level of responsibility and by type of show produced as Executive Producer; or by type of media as Radio Producer; Television Producer.
Click here for "PRODUCER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRODUCER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRODUCER"