1) Develops specifications and performance test requirements to facilitate procurement of parts and equipment for aeronautical and aerospace products: Analyzes technical data, designs, preliminary specifications, manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities, and availability of parts and equipment.
2) Consults with engineering personnel to establish performance criteria and specifications for manufacturing and testing.
3) Investigates potential suppliers and recommends those most desirable.
4) Advises company personnel, suppliers, and customers of nature and function of parts and equipment.
5) Interviews supplier representatives regarding specifications, costs, inspection, and similar problems relating to parts and equipment.
6) Arranges and participates in conferences between suppliers and engineers, purchasers, inspectors, and other company personnel to facilitate material inspection, substitution, standardization, rework, salvage, utilization, and economical procurement of parts and equipment installed in aircraft, spacecraft, or related products.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?