Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks in post office: Sells postage stamps, postal cards, and stamped envelopes.
- 3) Registers and insures mail and computes mailing costs of letters and parcels.
- 4) Places mail into pigeonholes of mail rack, or into bags, according to state, address, name of person, organization, or other scheme.
- 5) Examines mail for correct postage and cancels mail, using rubber stamp or canceling machine.
- 6) Weighs parcels and letters on scale and computes mailing cost based on weight and destination.
- 7) Records daily transactions.
- 8) Receives complaints concerning mail delivery, mail theft, and lost mail, completes and routes appropriate forms for investigation.
- 9) Answers questions pertaining to mail regulations or procedures.
- 10) Posts circulars on bulletin board for public information; distributes public announcements; and assists public in complying with other federal agency requirements, such as registration of aliens.
- 11) May drive motorcycle or light truck to deliver special delivery letters.
- 12) May be employed in remote retail store contracted by post office to provide postal services and be designated Contract-Post-Office Clerk.
Click here for "POST-OFFICE CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POST-OFFICE CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POST-OFFICE CLERK"