1) Inspects police stations and examines personnel and case records to ensure that police personnel conform to prescribed standards of appearance, conduct, and efficiency: Inspects premises and police records and observes activities in assigned division for evidence of inefficiency and misconduct.
2) Prepares reports concerning discipline, efficiency, and condition of force within division.
3) Submits reports to superiors and recommends disciplinary action or changes in rules governing activities of force.
4) Transmits orders from POLICE CHIEF to commanding officers within division.
5) Takes command of members of force during emergencies, such as fires and riots.
6) May formulate procedures and human resource requirements, and direct personnel assigned to crowd control at such events as parades, demonstrations, and labor disputes.
7) May serve as police liaison on public and civic boards engaged in planning and developing programs, and prepare procedures to identify police function in assisting board to improve community living.
8) May be designated Police Chief, Deputy and report directly to POLICE CHIEF.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?