1) Directs and coordinates activities of governmental police department in accordance with authority delegated by Board of Police: Promulgates rules and regulations for department as delegated by regulating code.
2) Coordinates and administers daily police activities through subordinates.
3) Coordinates internal investigation of members of department for alleged wrong doing.
4) Suspends or demotes members of force for infractions of rules or inefficiency.
5) Directs activities of personnel engaged in preparing budget proposals, maintaining police records, and recruiting staff.
6) Approves police budget and negotiates with municipal officials for appropriation of funds.
7) May command force during emergencies, such as fires and riots.
8) May make inspection visits to precincts.
9) May address various groups to inform public of goals and operations of department.
10) May prepare requests for government agencies to obtain funds for special operations or for purchasing equipment for department.
11) In smaller communities, may assist one or more subordinates in investigation or apprehension of offenders.
12) In communities having no Board of Police, may be designated Police Commissioner II.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?