Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs bath plumbing systems in manufactured buildings, according to blueprints: Reads blueprints to determine type of plumbing system required.
- 2) Writes cutting list that specifies sizes and quantity of copper pipe to be cut by PLUMBING ASSEMBLER-INSTALLER.
- 3) Marks locations and bores holes in floor joists for pipes, using tape measure, template, and power auger.
- 4) Selects and inserts precut pieces of copper tubing and fittings in holes.
- 5) Connects tubing and fittings, using solder paste or solder and torch, to form sewer, drain, and water lines.
- 6) Selects plumbing fixtures, such as toilets, sinks, and tubs, from storage.
- 7) Squares tubing projecting through floor to ensure snug fit of fixtures, using square, wedges, and hammer, and solders fixtures to tubing.
- 8) Squares fixtures with level.
- 9) May direct workers engaged in preassembly and installation of wall systems, such as risers, air chambers, and shower assemblies.
Is being a "PLUMBER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLUMBER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLUMBER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLUMBER"
Job Number: 11068