Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Packages materials and products manually, performing any combination of following duties: Cleans packaging containers.
- 2) Lines and pads crates and assembles cartons.
- 3) Obtains and sorts product.
- 4) Wraps protective material around product.
- 5) Starts, stops, and regulates speed of conveyor.
- 6) Inserts or pours product into containers or fills containers from spout or chute.
- 7) Weighs containers and adjusts quantity.
- 8) Nails, glues, or closes and seals containers.
- 9) Labels containers, container tags, or products.
- 10) Sorts bundles or filled containers.
- 11) Packs special arrangements or selections of product.
- 12) Inspects materials, products, and containers at each step of packaging process.
- 13) Records information, such as weight, time, and date packaged.
- 14) May stack, separate, count, pack, wrap, and weigh bakery products and be designated Bakery Worker.
- 15) May apply preservative to aircraft and spaceship parts, package parts for shipment, and be designated Wrapper and Preserver.
- 16) May be designated according to whether high-production or small-lot packaging as Fancy Packer; Packaging-Line Attendant; specific packaging duty performed as filling, wrapping, packing, labeling, and container cleaning as Sack Sewer, Hand; kinds of equipment used or product packaged as Candle Wrapper; Carton Stapler; or whether packager performs associated duties as final assembly before packaging product as Novelty-Balloon Assembler And Packer.
- 17) May weigh and package meat in retail store and be designated Meat Wrapper.
- 18) May be designated: Bagger; Bow Maker, Gift Wrapping; Box Maker, Cardboard; Box Wrapper; Bundler; Candy Packer; Caser, Rolled Glass; Coil Strapper; Container Filler; Filler; Furniture Packer; Grader, Sausage And Wiener; Guncotton Packer; Inserter, Promotional Item; Inspector-Packager; Lidder; Mattress Packer; Packager, Meat; Packer, Dried Beef; Packer, Foamed-In-Place; Packer, Sausage And Wiener; Piece-Goods Packer; Scaler, Sliced Bacon; Sponge Packer; Stamper; Table Worker; Tube Packer; Wrapper; Wrapper, Hand; Wrapping Remover.
- 19) Workers who tend packaging machines are classified under PACKAGER, MACHINE.
Is being a "PACKAGER, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PACKAGER, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PACKAGER, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PACKAGER, HAND"
Job Number: 11452