1) Directs, through head nurses, activities of nursing staff: Plans and organizes activities in nursing services, such as obstetrics, pediatrics, or surgery, or for two or more patient-care units to ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and hospital administrative procedures.
2) Coordinates activities with other patient care units.
3) Consults with NURSE, HEAD on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met.
4) Plans and organizes orientation and in-service training for unit staff members, and participates in guidance and educational programs.
5) Assists in formulating budget.
6) Engages in studies and investigations related to improving nursing care.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?