Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Provides medical care and treatment to obstetrical patients under supervision of OBSTETRICIAN, delivers babies, and instructs patients in prenatal and postnatal health practices: Participates in initial examination of obstetrical patient, and is assigned responsibility for care, treatment, and delivery of patient.
- 2) Examines patient during pregnancy, utilizing physical findings, laboratory test results, and patient's statements to evaluate condition and ensure that patient's progress is normal.
- 3) Discusses case with OBSTETRICIAN to assure observation of specified practices.
- 4) Instructs patient in diet and prenatal health practices.
- 5) Stays with patient during labor to reassure patient and to administer medication.
- 6) Delivers infant and performs postpartum examinations and treatments to ensure that patient and infant are responding normally.
- 7) When deviations from standard are encountered during pregnancy or delivery, administers stipulated emergency measures, and arranges for immediate contact of OBSTETRICIAN.
- 8) Visits patient during postpartum period in hospital and at home to instruct patient in care of self and infant and examine patient.
- 9) Maintains records of cases for inclusion in establishment file.
- 10) Conducts classes for groups of patients and families to provide information concerning pregnancy, childbirth, and family orientation.
- 11) May direct activities of other workers.
- 12) May instruct in midwifery in establishment providing such training.
Click here for "NURSE-MIDWIFE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NURSE-MIDWIFE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NURSE-MIDWIFE"