Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties in care of patients in hospital, nursing home, or other medical facility, under direction of nursing and medical staff: Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine patients' needs.
- 2) Bathes, dresses, and undresses patients.
- 3) Serves and collects food trays and feeds patients requiring help.
- 4) Transports patients, using wheelchair or wheeled cart, or assists patients to walk.
- 5) Drapes patients for examinations and treatments, and remains with patients, performing such duties as holding instruments and adjusting lights.
- 6) Turns and repositions bedfast patients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
- 7) Changes bed linens, runs errands, directs visitors, and answers telephone.
- 8) Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- 9) Cleans, sterilizes, stores, prepares, and issues dressing packs, treatment trays, and other supplies.
- 10) Dusts and cleans patients' rooms.
- 11) May be assigned to specific area of hospital, nursing home, or medical facility.
- 12) May assist nursing staff in care of geriatric patients and be designated Geriatric Nurse Assistant.
- 13) May assist in providing medical treatment and personal care to patients in private home settings and be designated Home Health Aide.
Click here for "NURSE ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NURSE ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NURSE ASSISTANT"