1) Administers local, inhalation, intravenous, and other anesthetics prescribed by ANESTHESIOLOGIST to induce total or partial loss of sensation or consciousness in patients during surgery, deliveries, or other medical and dental procedures: Fits mask to patient's face, turns dials and sets gauges of equipment to regulate flow of oxygen and gases to administer anesthetic by inhalation method, according to prescribed medical standards.
2) Prepares prescribed solutions and administers local, intravenous, spinal, or other anesthetic, following specified methods and procedures.
3) Notes patient's skin color and dilation of pupils and observes video screen and digital display of computerized equipment to monitor patient's vital signs during anesthesia.
4) Initiates remedial measures to prevent surgical shock or other adverse conditions.
5) Informs physician of patient's condition during anesthesia.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?