1) Prepares bodies, specimens of human organs, and morgue room to assist PATHOLOGIST in postmortem examinations: Places body in compartment tray of refrigerator or on autopsy table, using portable hoist and stretcher.
2) Lays out surgical instruments and laboratory supplies for postmortem examinations.
3) Washes table, storage trays, and instruments, sharpens knives, and replaces soiled linens.
4) Records identifying information for morgue file.
5) Releases body to authorized person.
6) May close post mortem incisions, using surgical needle and cord.
7) May fill cranium with plaster.
8) May feed, water, and clean quarters for animals used in medical research.
9) May prepare preserving solutions according to formulas.
10) May preserve specimens and stain slides.
11) May photograph specimens.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?