Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Mines ore, coal, or rock in underground mine, performing any combination of following tasks in areas where high production equipment is limited by economic factors or natural formations: Cuts channel under working face to facilitate blasting, using pick, or by operating cutting machine.
- 2) Operates mounted or unmounted power drill to bore blasting holes in working face.
- 3) Charges and shoots explosives or air charges to blast down materials.
- 4) Shovels shattered materials into mine cars or onto conveyor.
- 5) Installs timbering, roof bolts, or cribs, to support walls and roof.
- 6) Lays track to accommodate mine cars or track-mounted equipment.
- 7) May mine rock in coal mine at contract price per ton or footage of advance and be designated Rock Contractor.
- 8) May mine ore, coal, or rock, using pick and shovel, and be designated Miner, Pick.
- 9) When digging passageways between rooms, may be designated Entry Miner.
- 10) May do development work, such as opening up new passageways, air vents, auxiliary tunnels, rooms, and shafts to facilitate mining, and be designated Drift Miner; Raise Miner; Shaft Sinker; Stope Miner; Tunnel Miner.
Click here for "MINER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MINER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MINER I"