1) Tends one or more mills that grind materials, such as rock, ore, ingredients for food, drugs, and chemicals with steel, stone, or ceramic balls or rods: Pushes lever or adds balls to mill as needed or specified.
2) Dumps material or opens flow gate to load mill.
3) Secures cover plate.
4) Starts and runs mill for specified time depending on size of load, grindability of material, and required fineness.
5) Removes cover plate, attaches grid, and starts mill to discharge contents.
6) When operating continuous ball mills, regulates inflow of materials and observes outflow to ensure attainment of specified product.
7) May tend mill utilizing vacuum or other pressure.
8) May tend steam-jacketed mill that heats materials during processing.
9) May use mill to mix materials for wet or dry grinding.
10) May keep production records.
11) May be designated according to grinding agent as Ball-Mill Operator; Pebble-Mill Operator; Rod-Mill Operator; or according to powder ground as Barytes Grinder.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?