1) Fabricates and assembles structural metal products, such as framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, stacks, and metal parts for buildings and bridges according to job order, verbal instructions, and blueprints: Develops layout and plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of trigonometry, stock allowances for thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and physical properties of metal.
2) Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto workpiece.
3) Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
4) Designs and constructs templates and fixtures.
5) Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications, using square, ruler, and measuring tape.
6) May fabricate and assemble sheet metal products.
7) May set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?