Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site, performing any combination of following duties: Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- 2) Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, clawhammer, or other handtools.
- 3) Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- 4) Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using handtools.
- 5) Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using handtruck, electric dolly, wheelbarrow, or other device.
- 6) Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- 7) Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- 8) Makes simple adjustments or repairs, such as realigning belts or replacing rollers, using handtools.
- 9) Assembles crates to contain products, such as machines or vehicles, using handtools and precut lumber.
- 10) Shovels loose materials, such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers, such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
- 11) May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- 12) May be designated according to material handled as Filling Hauler, Weaving; according to method of conveying materials as Lugger; according to machine or equipment loaded or unloaded as Blunger Loader; Vehicle Unloader; or according to work station as Outside Trucker; Platform Loader.
- 13) May be designated: Bale Piler; Batch Trucker; Bobbin Handler; Car Loader; Cloth Hauler; Coal Passer; Compress Trucker; Hogshead Dumper; Kiln Car Unloader; Laborer, Yard; Loader II; Lumber-Yard Worker; Merchandise Carrier; Mold Mover; Oven Stripper; Oven Unloader; Packaging-Machine-Supplies Distributor; Slab Picker; Powder Trucker; Rack Carrier; Racker; Retort Loader; Roper; Roving Stock Handler; Scrap Wheeler; Segregator; Sugar Trucker; Tire Trucker; Trucker, Hand.
Click here for "MATERIAL HANDLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MATERIAL HANDLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MATERIAL HANDLER"