Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles and maintains material and parts inventory and status information to expedite movement of material and parts between production areas, according to predetermined production schedules and order priorities: Reads production schedules, inventory reports, and work orders to determine type and quantity of materials required, availability of stock, and order priority.
- 2) Confers with department supervisors to determine overdue material and parts and to inform supervisors of material status.
- 3) Locates and distributes materials to specified production areas, manually or using handcart, handtruck, or forklift.
- 4) Records and maintains perpetual inventory of quantity and type of materials and parts received, stocked, and distributed, manually or using computer.
- 5) Compiles and maintains records, such as material inventory records, production records, and timecards, manually or using computer.
- 6) May direct INDUSTRIAL-TRUCK OPERATOR or MATERIAL HANDLER to expedite transfer of materials from stock area to production areas.
- 7) May examine material received, verify part numbers, and check discrepancies, such as damaged or unmarked parts.
- 8) May compare work ticket specifications to material used at work stations to verify appropriate assignment.
- 9) May drive truck to outlying work areas to check status of orders or to deliver materials.
Click here for "MATERIAL EXPEDITER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MATERIAL EXPEDITER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MATERIAL EXPEDITER"